Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: It Is Sad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    LPD, you could make the pope cuss.

    This isn't how the court system is supposed to work, right? So what are they supposed to do, speed things through, or have people who are involved in it prosecute/defend it, so they can turn right around 6 months later and have it thrown out because of someone inapprorpriately involved and have to go through the whole thing again. This isn't a speeding ticket or Billy Bob beating up Larry Bob, this is a major investigation. Unfortunately the system works in the reguard that small fish are set free to try to catch the big fish, that's the way it works.


    You're right you don't constantly tear a scab away and expect something to heal just like you dont ignore it say wow that broken leg was awful and expect it to heal all by itself either. To heal a wound, it has to scab over, and it has to be bandaged, stitched, or have surgery. Washing it with cold water might make it look better but it doesn't heal it. You want it to have came out, go oh my God thats bad and embarassing and then turn around and say let it heal. It has to heal but you have to keep the wound from tearing open again 5 weeks later and that isn't going to happen until the source of the wound is dealt with, and by dealing with it, you have to sterlize it, not just rinse it off.

    Yeah OJ got his day in court, but how long did that take. Now consider that was 1 man involving 2 other people and a murder. This is how many people? Involving government people and deals and all. I'm sure that something wasn't done right or hasn't been done right, but I am pretty confident that a good lawyer and/or a sympathetic judge can find something on about any case, so the idea you have is to just stop worrying about anything because it wastes time or money? You're right there are problems in the system, no doubt, but I think you're crazy if you think anything done so far is going to 'heal' anything.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    I was the one who did it, and I apologize to everyone and anyone whom I offended.

    I'm about as classless as they come.. I don't think through most of my actions, and most of the time I come across as a fool because of it. It's not the first mistake I've made.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    Indian Dad bringing it up again in a different thread was wrong also. You keep a fire burning by fueling a little interest. You apologized and I hope you learn from your mistakes. Indian Dad and the "rest" of us have sure made mistakes on here. So I say it is over with and done.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    You are going to accuse me of fueling a fire-LMAO!! Boy, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Be it the constant complaints about GC or arguments with folks on here, you are indeed the last one on the face of the Earth to tell somebody else that they are doing wrong.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    I just say what most feel. I don't kiss a ss. Leave the boy alone and maybe he'll mature a little. You want me to name a couple of your stunts on here? Wasn't jumping on you in particular, just trying to help the kid. He was dead wrong, but you and I have been just as bad!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    I could name more than a few of your stunts on here too. You certaily aren't qualified to call me out as wrong. Sure, I have made mistakes on here-we all have. BTW you know me as does alot of folks on this board, and I'm still wondering where or when I have kissed any [censored] on here. I'd wager most on here will vouch that I say what I want when I want. I do however attempt to use a little class more times than not. You are going to say you weren't jumping anyone particular, but you used my name?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    You were just the latest. I have counted dozens of broomstick and pork rind lines on here over the last couple of years. How anybody can think that either case is funny is beyond me, but as I said, were it their hometown, these folks wouldn't be laughing. Actually when things like that happen, it puts a black mark on us all. Folks from outside the area think we are inbred morons as it is. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL
    I believe that in Virginia the "speedy trial" statute lists 5 months as due time to bring a case to trial, and it's 9 months for those not held in custody while awaiting trial (as in the case of those indicted in Appalachia).

    Source and Rationale .--The right to a speedy trial may be derived from a provision of Magna Carta and it was a right so interpreted by Coke. 12 Much the same language was incorporated into the Virginia Declaration of Rights of 1776 13 and from there into the Sixth Amendment. Unlike other provisions of the Amendment, this guarantee can be attributable to reasons which have to do with the rights of and infliction of harms to both defendants and society. The provision is ''an important safeguard to prevent undue and oppressive incarceration prior to trial, to minimize anxiety and concern accompanying public accusation and to limit the possibility that long delay will impair the ability of an accused to defend himself.'' 14 The passage of time alone may lead to the loss of witnesses through death or other reasons and the blurring of memories of available witnesses. But on the other hand, ''there is a societal interest in providing a speedy trial which exists separate from and at times in opposition to the interests of the accused.'' Persons in jail must be supported at considerable public expense and often families must be assisted as well. Persons free in the community may commit other crimes, may be tempted over a lengthening period of time to ''jump'' bail, and may be able to use the backlog of cases to engage in plea bargaining for charges or sentences which do not give society justice. And delay often retards the deterrent and rehabilitative effects of the criminal law
    ----------------------------
    Keep in mind the investigation is ongoing. They're not standing around twiddling their thumbs.

    Those indicted may want their lawyers to continue to gather as much fact on their behalf as possible and not rush into things. This will provide them with a better defense.

    Also, I've spent a good amount of time in Appalachia in the last few weeks. The folks I've spoken too have basically washed their hands of the matter and are ready to move on for the sake of their town. They're not worried or worked up over this trial - they're taking care of business.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: It Is Sad

    I think several are missing the big picture. With it ongoing. Appy cannot get much accomplished.
    As far as structuring the town and getting grants etc.
    Many in the grant and political system, want to make sure the town is on stable ground, before they will commit to anything.
    You see this just didn't hurt Appy with a little black eye. It hurt Appy in other ways. The last several years some of these people, in the voter fruad case, had influence in the town. And some were very influential. From past mayor to the recently put out mayor.
    And those now taking over are kind of lost, until they can get up to speed.
    Like i said. I just want to see it all ended.
    With all this still ongoing. And the money out there right now for some things. Well Appy is losing out.
    Some wonder if this gets blouched, well what will happen to Appy then. Those in the political and grant arena especially.
    It goes a little deeper than a little egg on the face. That is why it needs to be dealt with in the right manner and quickly.
    The longer it drags out, well the more Appy actually loses.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It Is Sad

    And I guess, the difference is that others see that differently.

    Let's call a spade a spade, things haven't been great in Appy for awhile. You can only wax your car so many times to try and make it look better, eventually you have to paint it. Let Appy paint it. It's understandable that people want to get past it, but again, trying to rush things and not pursue and finish investigating and checking things out will not discourage the stuff from happening again.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •